Helping You Provide the Best Patient Care
University of Utah Health remains committed to partnering with you to ensure care for your patients that require a referral. At the onset of COVID-19 we made the decision to defer elective care to help preserve critical resources including bed capacity, critical medicines, and PPE.
We have now safely opened up many more in-patient services to patients.
We have taken a number of steps to further protect patients against exposure to COVID-19 in our hospitals and health centers, including:
- Universal masking is now required at all facilities. We provide patients with a mask if needed.
- All patients, staff, and visitors will be screened prior to entering University of Utah Health facilities.
- We have contact-less registration and checkout for patients.
- Our waiting areas have been reconfigured for physical distancing. Some of our clinics have a wait-in-car option.
- We will provide routine, enhanced cleaning services throughout waiting rooms and treatment areas.
In addition to reopening certain services, we have dramatically expanded access to Virtual Visits. Virtual Visits allow patients to experience a live visit with a U of U Health provider using a smartphone, tablet, or other audio and video capable device.
Please use the many U of U Health Referring Provider resources available.
For questions, call our referral services line at 1-866-850-8863, Monday through Friday 8 am–5 pm
Subscribe to the Outreach & Education Newsletter, to access information on continuing clinical education, certifications, and other provider tools that facilitate advancement in operations and patient care.
View the current ONDT Education Newsletter for contacts, class schedules, news, and more.